Arizona DEC Leadership Role …
In Alignment & Support of United States National Trade Position
Arizona District Export Council DEC reach extends beyond the State of Arizona. Arizona DEC’s provides local leadership in international trade through its 30+ member council of international trade veterans and experts, all appointed by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce.
As a leader in advocating and promoting international trade for the State of Arizona, Arizona DEC participates in the United States Commercial Services, Department of Commerce, International Trade Association Annual Conference in Washington D.C. Because of this alliance and foundation Arizona DEC remains focused and current on U.S. strategy, objectives and guiding principles of the country’s top administration.
USCS and Trade Promotion:
USCS is the trade promotion arm of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s ITA. U.S. Commercial Service trade professionals in over 100 U.S. cities and in more than 75 countries help U.S. companies get started in exporting or increase sales to new global markets.
USCS Guiding Principles:
In April 2017, Judy Reinke, Deputy Director General of USCS, Dept of Commerce, ITA, stated the organization’s mission is to help U.S. companies compete globally and win. The organization’s purpose is to expand trade in a way that’s freer and fairer for U.S. companies, founded on the following principles:
- Promote reciprocity of trade relationships.
- Achieve export goals by focusing on bilateral negotiations and relationships as opposed to multi-lateral.
- Challenge unfair trade practices that inhibit US businesses, farmers, etc.
- Break down unfair trade barriers; compete in a fair environment.
- Maintain a balanced policy that looks out for the interests of all segments of US economy.
- Enforces trade laws that prevent distortion, ensuring compliance.
- Update current trade agreements to ensures achieves desired results.
ITA Six (6) Task Force Areas, Representing Its Priorities
- Reforming NAFTA
- Addressing UK Exit from EU
- Providing Manufacturers with Tools to Complete Globally
- Trading with China
- Non-Tariff Barriers
- Trading with Japan