Business-to-Business Matchmaking in Nogales, Sonora
The Arizona District Export Council, in collaboration with the U.S. Commercial Service/Arizona & the U.S. Consulate General in Nogales, Sonora is pleased to present the Border Gateway Service, a 1-day business-to-business matchmaking service for companies interested in developing a customer base in Sonora, Arizona’s #1 export market.
The Border Gateway Service will launch on March 27th. Another delegation will organized approximately every six weeks.
Three U.S. Companies / Three Mexican Plant Visits
- Three U.S. companies (primarily but not limited to AZ companies) will travel to Nogales, Sonora for a 1-day visit, during which they will visit jointly three different Mexican manufacturing plants.
- Participating companies will complete a questionnaire (provided by the U.S. Commercial Service) outlining their capabilities, competitive advantages, and objectives in the northern Mexican market.
- The appointments will be made in advance by a Sonora-based contractor hired by the Arizona District Export Council.
- Every effort will be made to recruit non-competing U.S. companies.
- The group will meet in Nogales, AZ on the morning of the appointments and return to AZ at the conclusion of the business day.
- The U.S. Consulate in Nogales will assist with logistics and transportation in Mexico, in addition to accompanying the companies on their site visits.
- Lunch will be hosted by the Arizona DEC.
- The point of contact in Arizona will be the staff of the U.S. Commercial Service. CS staff will also accompany the group.
- $475 per company (limit 2 people per company) – Arizona companies may qualify for 50% reimbursement through STEP Grant administered by the Arizona Commerce Authority.
For More Information